So, as it turns out...I do have a recipe for you today! Carrot cake is one of my favorite sweets, and I've been craving it lately. I decided to go with a little bit healthier option instead of a slab of cake, and made these delicious carrot muffins.
I had never made anything like this before, so I found a recipe online and changed it up a bit to make it my own. You can find the original recipe here from AllRecipes.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
Shredding that much carrot was a little bit of a workout! :)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease foil muffin tins in muffin pan. (If using paper cups, no need to grease!)
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon into a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, yogurt, and brown sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and stir until just moistened. Fold in carrot, raisins, and coconut.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I didn't make any kind of frosting for these, although I think it would make a great addition...for dessert, not breakfast.
Some of the muffins had more raisins than others...maybe I can add in some extra next time. But they were still super delicious!